Hello

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
howdy hey and welcome. im new to all this machining stuff but im sure getting my brain full of good stuff. maybe one day i can build a great looking engine too. welcome and give up all those good ideas so i can stuff them into my brain.

Kevin;

"one of kindness"

Never met one I didn't like. ;D

-Kevin

Kevin,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Kevin, welcome aboard! Make yourself at home and jump in at anytime!

Thank you all for the welcome!

It seems there is a good mix of experience and inexperience here, which is a good thing. Everyone has something to contribute and everyone can gain from it. The best part of inexperience is not knowing you "can't" do things that way. Sometimes I have to work too hard to think outside the box when I've been confined by it for so many years.

I've been looking over the site, lots to see, lots of talent here. I'm glad to be part of it and hope that I can contribute.

Kevin

Hi,Kevin.A warm welcome from "downunder".There's a great bunch of guys here always willing to help,without any ego's getting in the way.We can always use the thoughts of a machinist,whether he's a "hands on"man or a CNC buff.Each has their place in the greater scheme of things.

th_wwp

Welcome to the site Jeff and hold on to your .......................... hat. It's a wild ride from here. :big:

BC1

Welcome to HMEM Jeff.

Happy you found us!

Rick

Jeff,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

wEc1 WELCOME and yes do show us pics we all love to see them th_wwp

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the forum. Lookin' forward to seeing the engine under way.

Chuck

jthulin said:
My current project is a 4 cylinder oscillating steam engine derived from Jan Gunnarsson's (sorry if missspelt) plans. I am fairly well along and will try to post some pics in another thread.

Cheers,
Jeff

Welcome to the forum!.

That 4 cylinder engine by Jan G. has been on my list of engines I would like to build for quite a while! The plans are metric which poses a small problem that I need to overcome. ::)

Simply start a thread under "work in progress" or for completed engines in the "photos" section of the forum. I would love to see your pics, and I'm sure others would too! ;D

-MB

Thanks so much for the warm welcome ;D

I found a couple of photos to share- one is my "old" school project with a miniature, much more recent engine in its shadow, and one (not mine) of the V-4. Yes, I will take some shots of my build and make a new post...

IMG_13352.jpg

v-4photo.jpg

Welcome Jeff.

I saw an engine like that for sale on e-bay not that long ago and thought that it would be nice to build one. Where did you get the plans?

Bob

Please check out my post in "A work in progress"

The plans were in this book:
steamandstirling.jpg

wEc1 KK
As always here. Pictures are mandatory th_wwp I have a commercial turbine RAM 750 18#'s of thrust for a model airplane. One day I'll finish the plane. I did bench run it though. Nice. There are kits WREN is the Co. I think.

Tony

Latest posts

Back