Hello

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradmontana

Reaction score
Hi friends, I'm a mechanical enthusiast from Brazil. I took a lathe lathe course when I was only 14 years old, but unfortunately I didn't continue with mechanics and ended up in the field of civil construction. I hope I can count on your wisdom. 🇧🇷

I learned machining late in life.
The only way to learn is to get in there and do it.
I ruined a lot of pieces in the beginning, but had a lot of fun along the way, and I appreciate machining much more now.

Welcome.
Pat J

Hi friends, I'm a mechanical enthusiast from Brazil. I took a lathe lathe course when I was only 14 years old, but unfortunately I didn't continue with mechanics and ended up in the field of civil construction. I hope I can count on your wisdom. 🇧🇷
When I was younger (last week), I would visit my cousins doing machining and welding and general grease work. I loathed the thot of getting greasy like them. But eventually I took some machining courses and foundry and welding and began to like it. It was lots of fun and the making things with my own hands became addictive. Eventually I bought a Lincoln welder (now I have three welders), a lathe (also three now), a mill (only one) and lots of other stuff.

I broke many tools and have come close to hurting myself many times but it's still fun and I am more careful now. Also know more about how my machines cut, that is, the correct speeds feeds and that sort of thing.

My interests are steam engines. What do you like? ICE? Steam? other?

Quando eu era mais jovem (na semana passada), visitei meus primos fazendo usinagem e trabalhando e trabalhos de graxa em geral. Eu detestava ficar gorduroso como eles. Mas gostava de fazer alguns cursos de usinagem e fundição e solda e começou a gostar. Foi muito divertido e fazer coisas com minhas próprias mãos tornou-se viciante. Eventualmente, comprei um soldador Lincoln (agora tenho três soldados), um torno (também três agora), um moinho (apenas um) e muitas outras coisas.

Eu quebrei muitas ferramentas e quase me machuquei muitas vezes, mas ainda é divertido e agora sou mais cuidadoso. Também saber mais sobre como minhas máquinas cortam, ou seja, as velocidades corretas de alimentação e esse tipo de coisa.

Meus interesses sĂŁo motores a vapor. Do que vocĂŞ gosta? GELO? Vapor? outro?
Sendo muito honesto com você...eu gosto de tudo. Eu era muito novo e não dava a devida importância e nem sabia o quanto a mecânica era apaixonante. Também gosto de motores e meu sonho um dia era fazer um motor a combustão. E o que me fez reacender essa paixão foi um hobby aqui no Brasil que construiu um mini motor 2 tempos. o bloco foi fundido em alumínio e usinado em um torno caseiro. A propósito, estou querendo construir um torno caseiro e meu amigo me aconselhou a construir uma placa de superfície (aquele famoso método de três placas) e eu li, vi vídeos e sou completamente conhecedor do assunto, Na verdade, quero dizer quase tudo. Eu estava pensando em usar lajes de porcelana em vez de lajes de granito. funcionaria, já que estão usando cerâmica na construção das placas?
When I was younger (last week), I would visit my cousins doing machining and welding and general grease work. I loathed the thot of getting greasy like them. But eventually I took some machining courses and foundry and welding and began to like it. It was lots of fun and the making things with my own hands became addictive. Eventually I bought a Lincoln welder (now I have three welders), a lathe (also three now), a mill (only one) and lots of other stuff.

I broke many tools and have come close to hurting myself many times but it's still fun and I am more careful now. Also know more about how my machines cut, that is, the correct speeds feeds and that sort of thing.

My interests are steam engines. What do you like? ICE? Steam? other?
Being very honest with you...I like everything. I was very young and didn't give due importance and didn't even know how passionate mechanics were. I also like engines and my dream one day was to make a combustion engine. And what made me rekindle this passion was a hobbyist here in Brazil who built a mini 2-stroke engine. the block was cast aluminum and machined on a homemade lathe. By the way, I'm wanting to build a homemade lathe and my friend advised me to build a surface plate (that famous three-plate method) and I've read it, seen videos and I'm completely knowledgeable about the subject, I mean in fact almost everything. I was thinking of using porcelain slabs instead of granite slabs. would it work, since they are using ceramics in the construction of the plates?

Latest posts

Back