Hello

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danuzzo

Reaction score
I have been searching on this forum for information on mini lathes that would be good for building sterling, steam and other powered engines on the smaller scale.

I am an avid woodturner and have done a bit of woodworking over the years. I have extensive high school experience (many years ago) in metal shop, including working part time in a machine mold making shop part time during school and full time in the summer. But, I decided to change career paths at about 18-19 yoa, often regretting not having stuck with working toward being a machinist. In any event, never lost the affinity for machining, and now that I am retired, want to set up a little home machine shop. Of course, I was not experienced enough when I left machining to know what I am doing, plus having forgotten most of it.

I know I am embarking into the vortex where after I purchase a lathe and then accessories, it will be a milling machine. Already have a drill press and a vertical bandsaw that I might be able to convert to metal cutting.

Trying to decide on a mini lathe now. I look forward to participating in the forum.

Latest posts

Back