Hello to all

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Rudy....We don't care what kind of equipment you have, but as someone mentioned we really like to see pictures of whatever you build with it.
Dennis

rudydubya said:
And, as you can tell, I sometimes ramble, so my apologies in advance.
Rudy

One newbie to another, Welcome. Ramble? nothing of the sort. Just wait till the trying to quit smoking again gets my nerves going and I take it out upon the keyboard.

The group do like photos and as I have found another set of eyes often finds safety concerns that may of been forgotten. I am not however, giving up the TV out in the shop :)

Rudy:
Welcome. No need to apologize or defend what tool are in your shop on this board . Your shop your dime your tools. Many of us have import machines of one paint color or another. Any many have some neat old iron.
Like I have said before
work safe
have fun
learn somthing
make some chips
Make a few parts
eventually you will have an engine or two or three built
then repeat with more interesting or complicated engines.
Around here no mistakes just lots of learning experiences.

If you have not already found these download these pubs they will give a decent starting point in machining.
Here are a couple of links to the basic manuals used to to each military folk machining basics. These are large pdf downloads broken down by chapter.

Army machining manual
http://www.metalworking.com/tutorials/ARMY-TC-9-524/9-524-index.html
Navy Repairman Manual and lots lots more you need to scroll down a bit to find it
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/
Tin

Welcome Rudy. Looking forward to a picture of your Upshur. Just remember, a good machinist can make good parts with a less than superior machine, but a bad machinist, well they just make junk with anything they use.... or something like that,

Cheers,
Phil

Hi Rudy,

Sounds like we have the same equipment...same background...same interest. This group is great. The reads are fantastic.

I just started 2 months ago. And by start I mean 'it was the first time I ever cut metal with anything other than a hacksaw'. I made a machinist jack and mallet in the last couple of weeks. It's not an engine...but...someday...they'll be used to make one.

Like you, my interest began in the 50s...well early 60's anyway. My family (father's side) is from western Arkansas. Malvern way. I spent a lot of time there and in Hot Springs. Now I'm in Pennsylvania.

It's very true...these people like pics and videos. When they give you their two cents worth...expect three.

I am so hooked...

Thanks to all for your gracious welcome. I appreciate it. And Tin, thanks for the links, lots of good information there. I do spend a lot of time reading to learn more about machining.

I'll try to get some pictures posted in the Pictures and Videos section.

Rudy

Welcome Rudy. As long as your equipment makes chip is all that matters. Obviously they do that well based on the post of your Upshur.

Bob

welcome Rudy this is a great place to be. i was born in mena Arkansas. most of my famliy still live there.

Latest posts

Back