Hello there

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the video there is a detailed shot of the ignition which triggered a relay come buzz coil, but this was found to be unreliable, also the governor is not catching, something that we had to address as the performance improved. More videos to come with improvements to running.

My name is Timothy Lee my friends know me as Ted, I learned to drive a 1925 Buick at 14 years on the Sapphire fields of Central Queensland Aus, that Buick taught me about engine timing, carby adjustments ignition points, driving a car without auto choke, auto advance, crash gearbox, etc. I worked many years in the Australian outback fixing engines of all description, did diesel work out in the open paddock without any fancy tools or gauges. After all that I married and worked for a bus company in the city for 10 years sat for my Mechanics ticket did diesel at TAFE College, worked for a school on their buss' for 13 years, now retired and am part of a model train club. I just like making stuff. I learned turning at 16 on a treadle lathe which was about 100 years old, so I am very much self taught.
I am writing a book and will probably post it online one day.
Ted (Timothy) Lee from down under

The Hit n Miss engine posted on Youtube also a motor trolley called Normanton seen in the background of the video above, we built the furnace, made the patterns, produced the castings, cheating we bought the piston and rings also Honda weeder valves.

Latest posts

Back