Hello from the Tip of Africa

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 50123

Reaction score
Hi All.
I am from Cape Town, in South Africa.
I came across this Forum while looking for tips on Arduino Indexers, but I am glad, as this is steering me in the direction of somethings I always would have liked to pursue, making of a model engine of some sort.
I work in MainFrame IT, and do-er of sorts, and got introduced into metalwork about 2 years ago, and enjoy making tools to make more tools, lol, or rather stuff that allow me to make a part that I need.
A recent buddy of mine builds and repairs model planes and plane engines, and he has a hobby Lathe / mill & a Small Sherline Lathe (which i really liked, but impossible to get here).
I managed to get a 17" Sherline lathe from someone off eBay in Canada , and a Sherline mill also from eBay US. Then got some other bits to maximise lathe/mill from Sherline US website, as I wanted to invest in some decent small tool brand with backup parts.
I hope to one day run that engine.... you guys definitely inspire !!

Hallo Cape Town, i'm from Johannesburg. Welcome, see you have Sherline equipment. You are aware we have a local agent for Sherline in Johannesburg. The guy's name is Pieter Heydenrich from company "Tool and professional" I bought my lathes and milling machines and a lot of Sherline tooling from him. Expensive as it gets imported from the states, but then Sherline is top quality. Let me know if you need more details from him. I have a number and mail address if you want to contact him for maybe more tooling? He used to be well stocked.

Hi All.
I am from Cape Town, in South Africa.
I came across this Forum while looking for tips on Arduino Indexers, but I am glad, as this is steering me in the direction of somethings I always would have liked to pursue, making of a model engine of some sort.
I work in MainFrame IT, and do-er of sorts, and got introduced into metalwork about 2 years ago, and enjoy making tools to make more tools, lol, or rather stuff that allow me to make a part that I need.
A recent buddy of mine builds and repairs model planes and plane engines, and he has a hobby Lathe / mill & a Small Sherline Lathe (which i really liked, but impossible to get here).
I managed to get a 17" Sherline lathe from someone off eBay in Canada , and a Sherline mill also from eBay US. Then got some other bits to maximise lathe/mill from Sherline US website, as I wanted to invest in some decent small tool brand with backup parts.
I hope to one day run that engine.... you guys definitely inspire !!
Welcome to the group

Dave

Back