Hello from the Netherlands

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat1311

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Patrick and I live in the Netherlands.

After being a passive member for a few years and collecting a lot of inspiration and knowledge from the build threads in this wonderful forum I thought it was time for an introduction as I was thinking about starting a build thread myself.

So I'm not totally new in this hobby as I started a 2 years ago with building the two stroke Debbie Engine from Jan Ridders,which I never got to run properly.

After this unsuccessful attempt I was a bit discouraged and tried building a small steam engine which worked fine.

My second attempt in ic was the firefly 46 two stroke glow engine wich started up the first time i tried it.

After this success I gave the Nemett lynx 15 cc four stroke a try and it started up very nice on gas with electronic ignition.
https://youtu.be/uPRXb-Umup0

This encouraged me to build the 60cc four stroke flat twin by Volker Jung.
After over 250 hours building I was very,very happy that also this one started up the first time.
https://youtu.be/UvGqL1fXA4I

It ran just fine but after disassembling I found the crankshaft a bit distorted
as I made it from 9SMnPb28 free machining steel and this turned out to be a bit on the soft side.
I'm now turning a new one from C45 steel and intend to harden it.

So I'm almost done and almost ready for a new project and I'm going to try building a 7 cylinder radial engine of which I'm planning to start a build thread on this forum.

Pat

20150701_211324 (1).jpg

20160620_095730.jpg

20170608_211708.jpg

20170411_230717.jpg

20170930_155055.jpg

20170930_183952.jpg

Wow. That's a lot of progress in two years. Well done, thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your next build.

Hi Pat, lovely workmanship, I still have a way to go to that level. Welcome to the forum. Cheers, Peter.

Wow! Very impressive progress over only two years! I hope mine goes so well!

This is very good. Love your taste for engines. Some day I will build a two cylinder my selves. Your work and post is an asset to this forum. Looking forward to see your future builds.

Rudy

Thanks all,

I'm going to start a build log on a 7 cylinder radial later this week,see if I can make it run:)

Latest posts

Back