Hello from the Netherlands!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Arien

Hello, My name is Arien.
I am a 17 year old male from the Netherlands.

I am only just getting started with machining and recently have bought a lathe.
Apart from a mill we have every machine you can think of, including a plasma cutter.

I am getting more and more facinated by pneumatic/steam engines.

So what is an engine that would be relatively easy to build with only a lathe, drill press, and a bandsaw. (and of course files and taps and that kind of hand tools)?

Greetings and thanks in advance!

Hey Arien

First, welcome to the club. Steam engines are fascinating aren't they. You should be able to build a wobbler without a mill. LMS has Plans for one that are pretty good. You could always try one of Elmer's wobblers as well.

Good luck
Eric

Hi Arien,

Glad to see you found your way over here. Lots of good information and help.

Chuck

Welcome to HMEM Arien

You might consider Dave Goodfellow's Siamese Twins for a first build.
It was one of my own very early builds, and it was made without a mill.

Rick

welcome arien ;D

if you ever had spare time on your hands and looking for some thing to do then you came to the right place.
the guys on here are like a rampant disease :big: .............once they get you started on the stuff you nor they will let you quit.

so with that said welcome to the point of no return, you will be swamped with more project ideas that you ever though possible.
you will have many sleepless nights trying to figure out what to build next, your family will never see you again you will be living in your shop. you will get to know you locale tool and steel suppliers very well. the neighbours will be flocking to your door with little things they need made...............i better stop............i don't want
to spoil all the fun. :big:

seriously this is the best bunch of guys on the net they are all very knowlegable and eager to help.

again welcome

chuck (just having fun)

Arien:
Here is a link to some of my engines several of which are a good starter project. Tin's Engines
Welcome to the board I will e-mail a set or two of plans.
Good to see a young apprentice show up here.
Tin

Back