Hello from Spain

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry

Reaction score
Hello I always loved models and tools.
I want to start a little workshop at home (mini lathe and a mill) and made a few models engines.
I am a goldsmith working with tiny tools for 25 years.
I know a little about: casting (mostly precious metals), micro welding (mini torch, laser), CAD ( Rhino, Inventor, Maya) renders (Vray, Maxwell), machining wax or carving it by hand.
The English language has a huge enemy in myself, it is not my first language it is my last. :'(

welcome to the forum. Thanks for the intro.
seem like a lot of your skills should transfer. you should be able to create some fine engines from brass.or bronze IIRC bronze is better suited to casing. and wears better. and a lot cheaper than gold.
I have seen a few engine casting sets ,investment cast from bronze. Very high end . should be realtivly easy for you with your experience. . Looking forward to seeing what you build.
Do not worry about English as a second language just do your best. English is my only language and I still type the wrong word once in a while.
Tin

Henry,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

hola bienvenido al foro
wEc1

I don't speak Spanish but I can use google. You are coming throught loud and clear. G'day from West Aussie.

Brock

Welcome Henry....you english is just fine so please don't let that deter you at all.

Regards,
Bill

Hola Enrique, soy Inglés, pero ahora vivo en Yecla, Murcia en el campo.

Máquinas-herramienta en España son muy caros en comparación con Inglaterra, me importa mi torno y el fresadora.

Mi español no es muy bueno, espero que tenga sentido .... :)

Siddly said:
Hola Enrique, soy Inglés, pero ahora vivo en Yecla, Murcia en el campo.

Máquinas-herramienta en España son muy caros en comparación con Inglaterra, me importa mi torno y el fresadora.

Mi español no es muy bueno, espero que tenga sentido .... :)

Siddly

It is nice to see new members joining in to welcome other new members. It is OK to have a few lines in their native language as not all are fluent in English. When you do this it is customary to include an English translation of what was in the native language. Thanks for being part of the HMEM team.

Cheers :)

Don

OK Don, understood ;)

Basically I told Henry\Enrique where I lived and commented that machine tools here in Spain are very expensive compared to the UK, then I hoped he could understand my bad Spanish...

I definitely won't make a habit of posting in Spanish anyway, it will give all the real Spanish speakers here a migraine trying to understand me ;D

Yeah! for me will be easier in Spanish... a lot easier but I need to practice English and this a great forum in English, we need to respect that. Your Spanish is much better that my English. ;D

My wife learnt Spanish at college, so she teaches me :)

If you do have problems finding correct engineering words in English ( online dictionaries are quite bad at this in my experience ) then I have a Spanish\English technical dictionary. Just PM me if you need to know anything.

engineering terms can be confusing even translating from English to american or the other direction .
Tin

Hola Henry,

My own language is Spanish. I live in Ecuador. Your English seem OK, mine is no so good either. What I do is try to read a lot in English to get familiar with the technical words....sometimes works....sometimes not. Anyway if you need some help here we are.

Saludos,

Mario

It could help to get blue prints in other languages . if you know what a part is and have a drawing of it then you can pick up on the" foreign " term.
Tin

Back