Hello from Saskatchewan, Canada

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwsvandr

Reaction score
I am ashamed to admit it but my interest in model engines is minimal, however I have a keen interest in building everything. I lurked around this site for a while but just had to join because of the friendly atmosphere and all the metalworking techniques and tricks I have learned here is just a short while. I hope to learn a lot more and maybe even add a little

JW,

DO NOT BE ASHAMED.

Everyone has to start somewhere on their quest. Hopefully, the members on here will cover your path with rose petals, so you can reach your goal with sweet smelling success.

See, even us model makers can be poetic sometimes. Thru all the BS, a big welcome and hope you learn a lot more.

John

Welcome JW: What do you like to build? If you are interested in tooling, this forum has many homebuilt tooling ideas that could keep somebody busy for quite awhile and not build any engines. Beware, model engines can become addictive if once started especially after the first one runs.
The archives have many little specialized homemade tools that are fascinating to see and see what they were made to use for plus the shop modifications by John (Bogs) are always a good information read.
Welcome and good reading---add whatever you can when you feel comfortable.
don

Thanks for the welcome.

Bogstanda - I have been greated many ways but seldom with such a lyrical and poetic welcome.

dparker - I am just getting started in metalworking. I bought a welder a couple of years ago and had so much fun with it I bought a second one. Did some projects for myself, boat trailer, yard art etc. Made a bunch of racks and book shelves for the local Salvation Army Thrift store, and a few projects for friends. I got my lathe two years ago and have made small projects, mostly learning how to make brillo. I have lip prints all over a milling machine that will be delivered next week. I am very lucky, when we moved here the garage was too small for both SWMBO's car and all of my tools so I was forced to build a separate workshop. Now I have all the tools and a place to work and as soon as I retire (hopefully in about 6 months) I will have the time to Play.

The reason I enjoy this site, other than the friendly atmosphere and the great project being built, is all the tools and techniques that are being shared. My project list has grown considerably since I found this site - thanks

Back