Hello from Oregon

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modela

Reaction score
Yes, the sun does shine in Oregon but not as much as where I grew up in Colorado.

I come to this forum looking forward to picking up lots from the members. I am semi retired, I guess you would call it. I am kept busy with my maintenance of my commercial buildings and volunteer work. If you are interested I have posted a couple of projects on other websites including an 86' wooden bridge and some equipment rebuilds.

I have almost finished off my shop, currently rebuilding a Bridgeport Mill. I also have a Logan lathe and horizontal mill and a little Jet lathe. Besides that in the metal working area I have a welding shop including a Scotchman iron worker. I also have a woodshop.

I have posted a picture of my Dad's Radial Steam Engine on this site.

I like to do a wide range of things like the bridge below. If you are interest in my other projects, wood and metal let me know and I will direct you to the site.

I look forward to building my own steam engine with your help.

86' Trestle Bridge
IMG_1359.jpg

Last summer's project. Now all we need to do is put it up.

Jim Marshall

Jim,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Jim

Welcome to the forum. I enjoyed seeing your Dad's engine.
I suspect that I am not the only one who would like to see the bridge....and any other projects
you would care to show us!

Cheers, Joe

Thanks Bob and Joe,

The bridge goes across a nature pond. It is a foot bridge about six feet wide. We will be putting it in place this summer. I will post it and some of the others. Sometimes I think it would be nice to see a small steam train running across it.

I feel a little presumptuous entering it here since it is a model form. I see some really neat projects here, am working on getting my Bridgeport mill running so I can do something similar.

Jim

Welcome Jim,
I too enjoyed seeing your Dad's radial engine and the additional pictures of the bridge project. Where abouts in Oregon are you? Though I grew up in the southeast US and currently reside in NC, I get out to Oregon about twice a year and enjoy it very much. I will be in the Eugene area this weekend in fact for a meeting. Best wishes on getting the shop completed and starting an engine project.

Regards,
Bill

Back