Hello from Northeast Pa

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Wright

Reaction score
Thank you for letting me join in this group. I have always appreciated and enjoyed steam engines. My first engines were Wilesco models I purchased in the 90's. Now that a few years have passed and the children have moved on I have time to pursue this again. I have a hobby machine shop and plan to build live steam engines as well as other associated items.

Besides the engines I also enjoy what they were used for. Line shaft equipment and shops as well as the tractors and locomotives.

I hope to be able to contribute as well as gain knowledge from all of your experiences.

Hello Jim. The folks here are building some pretty cool stuff. It's great you are getting back into it. I am new to the group and to machining in general so I get to learn from practically everybody.

How big are the steamers you are planning to build?

I am planning to go down to the Lebanon area for the Cabin Fever show this coming January. I've never gone
before but it looks like it would be interesting. Maybe see you there?

I would like to build a couple models, possibly a 2 cylinder vertical around 1-2 hp. I am not stuck on whether the material are bar stock or cast but I would definitely prefer cast. I haven't been to either of those shows. My only experiences so far are Coolspring Pa and Preservers of the Past. Coolspring is hit and miss and other internal combustion and Preservers of the Past is more of a living history of anything mechanical.

Hello Jim. The folks here are building some pretty cool stuff. It's great you are getting back into it. I am new to the group and to machining in general so I get to learn from practically everybody.

How big are the steamers you are planning to build?

I am planning to go down to the Lebanon area for the Cabin Fever show this coming January. I've never gone
before but it looks like it would be interesting. Maybe see you there?
Hi, Jim – welcome!

I'm in the Harrisburg area, so unless it's cancelled (or we get the kind of snow LHM is used to) I'll also be attending Cabin Fever (Cabin Fever Expo). It's not a bad drive for you - I've been in your vicinity reasonably often for work.

Latest posts

Back