Hello from new member

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelallito

Reaction score
I am a new member in Miami, FL that is saying hello. Looks like a great site.
Regards,
Fred

Hi Fred,

Welcome to the Forum. Always glad to have new members. Are you an accomplished engine builder, newbie, or somewhere in between?

Chuck

Hello Fred

Welcome to HMEM

Rick

Hi Fred,

Welcome! I'm sure you'll like it here. Great stuff and people all around.

Brian

Guys,
Thanks for the great welcome!
Chuck, I am a Newbie at engine building. I have never attempted it. I am a home machinist and beginning knifemaker.
I stumbled on this site while looking for radius turning tools. I need/want one for some handles I want to make. I have not decided on what type to make, but I would love to have a look at George Thomas plans for his over/ under tool! I am trying to decide wether to make or buy whatever looks best. I also want to make some other tools for my lathe. I have a 12" Atlas that I am doing some overdue cleaning and PM.
Right now I am making a clone of a KMG grinder. I will connect a 3 HP 3ph motor to a VFD to power it. I have most of the work done, just need pulleys and the VFD.
I am curious about engine building and want to learn more about it.
Thanks again for the warm welcome.
Regards,
Fred

Hey Fred. Wha't up. Glad to hear you have joined. I am a newbie myself. Miami. Oh yea.. About December, we may have to look you up. ha. ha. Welcome Jerry

Hey Chuck thanks for the info. I'll have to get a back issue of that v twin. Jerry

Hey Fred,

It's snowing outside right now about 2 hours NW of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I just went outside the igloo to get some wood for the fire, and give the sled dogs some grub.

Naw, just kidding. It's gotta be like 38 degrees Celsius (that's "hot") here, and so humid that you don't notice yourself sweating.

Welcome aboard. I'm new to engines too, though I have a home metal shop and small aluminum foundry to tinker with.

-Brian

Welcome, welcome, welcome....This is the best site and 'virtual club' on the internet! And whilst I am new myself I have already gained tremendously from membership. So welcome. ;D

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been learning and browsing on this site quite a bit. I really like it here!
Regards,
Fred

Hi Fred. Welcome to Hmem. I'm sure you'll spend great time here.

Regards

Erdem

Hi Erdem,
Thanks for the welcome. I am thoroughly enjoying my time here.
Regards,
Fred

pelallito said:
I am a new member in Miami, FL that is saying hello. Looks like a great site.

Hi, Fred,

Yep, the folks here are fantastic and the information well bottomless.

By the way, we share delightful weather. I'm in Hawaii, the only state still under construction. :)

BEst regards,

Kludge

Back