Hello from Melbourne, Australia.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbugger

Reaction score
My name,pseudonym,is Oldbugger,because at 77 I am,people who know me call me Garry which is ok too. My interests include model engineering,model aircraft,and motorcycles,of which I still ride one,it's a 1980 Suzuki GS1000S that I bought new in 1980 and which is running a lot better than I am. I also have a Myford ML7 lathe that I have owned for about 53 years,this machine has earned it's keep over and over. At the moment I am making a 35cc single cyl. 4 stoke of my own design and if it turns out ok I'l make a V twin with the same mechanicals. I have over the years made a few engines but only 2 strokes my recent was a Hornet as I had a set of casting for some years,before that had been a couple of diesels for which I had made my own patterns and castings. It was by accident that I found this website which goes to show that internet has some advantages. Regards Garry. (oldbugger)

G'day mate, welcome along, plenty of talent to enjoy on this site and tips to learn as well, have a great time:)
Teza

Welcome you OLDBUGGER,
Don't be frightened the natives are friendly.:)
This is a great site, just ask if you need help.
Kindest Regards
Beagles.

Welcome Oldbugger. We got quite a few Ozzies on this forum now. Love to know more about the diesels. Pics, plans etc

Welcome Oldbugger.wEc1

Hi Garry

Welcome from England (Myford Land)

It seems quite a few of you Aussies use Myfords, they are good lathes but spares for 'em are extortionate now, even more so in Oz I suspect.

Mine was made in 1953 No K23999 and is called Millie, sad I know, naming your lathe but she's got a feminine personality, loves lots of TLC, and responds well to bribery, like a new leadscrew (the old 5/8" one like hen's teeth now) and a new topslide and cross slide. But it's well worth it. Considering that I paid next to nothing for her as she was in a terrible state.

She is an expensive girl to keep, our Millie, but can do great work, Myfords especially the older ones were built to last.

Regards Mark

hello Garry and welcome to the forum! you sure do have some great interests.
Stew.

Hello Gary!
I hope you enjoy this Forum as much as I do - there isn't a time when I have logged on and not learnt something new!
Steamboat Willie
Canberra (just a little south west of Yass...)

gary welcome from the other side of the planet.
Tin

Latest posts

Back