Hello from Medina, OH

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott_M

Reaction score
Hello all !
I have been lurking for awhile now. I got lured over here by Terry Mayhugh when he posted a link in the Tormach forum at CNCZone to his thread on the Hodgson radial he is just finishing up, all I can say is WOW ! This is a very nice website with a lot of friendly knowledgeable people !
I am 55 this year and make my living as a custom pistolsmith. I have never built any model engines but my father did , he was a "live steam" enthusiast and I can remember him building them when I was just big enough to see over his bench. My tastes run a bit more contemporary like why use steam when we have gasoline ? Or why have a sailboat when you could have a power boat? So If this Model engine thing bites me like I think it has, I will go the I.C. route. Great just what I need...more projects !;)
I have a pretty complete shop , A Tormach 1100 CNC a Grizzly knee mill with DRO a 12x36 engine lathe with DRO and a Sherline mini lathe. Sanders , buffers, grinders, welders and a bunch of assorted other stuff. About the only thing I want for the shop still is a surface grinder.

I know a lot of you guys aren't into the CNC end of things but I have been turning the handles and reading the dials for the last 40-45 years and the CNC is really nice !

Scott

Welcome Scott!

Many years ago I lived in Parma and worked in Medina at a Mayco body shop. I live near West Lafayette Indiana. I have two Tormach 1100 machines, one with toolchanger. I have been very happy with the machines. This can be a very rewarding hobby and there are alot of wonderful projects on here for our drooling pleasure.
Adam

Thank you for the warm welcome gents !

Steve
SS396 ? Got one ? I have a 1969 AMX with a 390 and dual quads.

Adam
I am sure you have heard all the Parma jokes so I will refrain. The Tormach is a pretty nice machine.

If you guys want to know more about me Tormach did an interview awhile back , you can see it here. http://www.tormach.com/blog/tormach-owner-stories-sdm-fabricating-custom-pistols/

Scott

Welcome Scott,
I'm just up the road from you in Strongsville.
gbritnell

Very nice Steve !

Hi George , a small world isn't it. ( got to get on the web to find your neighbors )

This is my Rambler.

AMX1.jpg

AMX4.jpg

Hi Scott,
I'm not in the neighborhood (Madison WI). But I also have a Tormach that I bought in 2006, stopped by with a trailer and picked it up. Unlike yours, mine is way under utilized. I don't depend on it for a living which is probably a good thing. I like the AMX. Welcome to the group
Art

Back