Hello from Massachusetts!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMS

Reaction score
Hello from Massachusetts!

I am a CAD operator using UGS NX 7, AutoCAD, and a side computer programmer, and enjoy many hobbies! For many years in the past I was a welder but always loved CAD and wished I new more about machining. I bought a mini lath about 2 years ago and never really did much with it but now I think this will change since I just discovered model steam engines! So here I am and looking for advise on building my first one!

I hope I can contribute something back because I have I lot to learn so here I go!

Rob

Rob,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hello back from Somerville!!! :big:

welcome to HMEM!

tom in MA

Welcome Rob, You will hear a lot about Elmer's engines on the forum and many of his can be suitable first projects too and the plans are readily available. Jump in and have fun!

Regards,
Bill

Pat J said:
Rob-

Welcome to the forum.
A number of folks have built beginner steam engines here, and there seems to be a number to choose from.

Generally the first one is simple, and viewed as a learning tool used to master the necessary skills, not necessarily a work of art.

The progress beginners make with support of this forum is impressive.

Pat J

Thanks Pat!

Hats off to this Forum for helping out in so many ways! I hope I can also contribute something as well.

Tin Falcon said:
Rob : first of all welcome to the board.
if you have not already done so read this thread http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=9413.0
and down load some of the free/ public domain info. Lots to read and digest do not try to absorb it all at once.
and if they are not too far away hook up with the New England Model engineering Society. More info
http://www.neme-s.org/index.htm a great group have been there but need to get the T-Shirt.
Tin

Thanks Tin!

I am not too far from these guys, I think I will look into that, and thanks for those links.

ttrikalin said:
Hello back from Somerville!!! :big:

welcome to HMEM!

tom in MA

Thanks Tom!

I pass by your town on rout 195 everyday going to work in RI.

b.lindsey said:
Welcome Rob, You will hear a lot about Elmer's engines on the forum and many of his can be suitable first projects too and the plans are readily available. Jump in and have fun!

Regards,
Bill

Thanks Bill!

Is the H Twin a Elmer's design? I am working on that right now (in CAD only) planing my build.

Latest posts

Back