Hello from Lincolnshire

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickharris

Reaction score
Although I have been here off and on for a few months I never bother to say Hi. I should remedy that.

I am a Technology teacher in Lincolnshire UK. Initially I used Bogstandards PDF twin open column as a basis for a 3D CAD exercise at school and thought others might have a use for the CAD files - BUT like many others I found the wealth of knowledge and experience here invaluable and found myself returning and on occasion offering such input as I have.

Many thanks to those who share their interest and experiences. If you turned this forum into a book and published it - you would have an instant hit on your hands!.

Owner of a very under used mini lathe

Richard H

Hi Richard,

I'm only a county away from you :D

CC

Hi Richard I've read a few of you previous posts,

It's good to see our children's' teachers are interested in the subjects they are teaching. It's funny, they say that everyone has at least one school teacher that they remember as being a mentor, personally I never found that mentor. My son on the other hand is only 9 and already has 2 teachers that have really gone out of their way to assist him in his out of school persuits and encourage other qualities that are outside the traditional educational framework.

In my day the longest critique that I had in any school report was from a maths teacher, he said "David consistently sets low standards for himself and consistently fails to achieve them"! Nowadays it is obvious from the report my son has just received that his form tutor has really taken the time to get to know him and we got a full A4 sheet of comments on how he could "tweak" his work to get even better results along with notes about his relationship with his peers. FANTASTIC.

You would never believe that the above is true from all the negative comments about your profession we get in the press but from my point of view teaching has come a long long way!!

Anyway sorry for the long post, as you can probably tell it's been a nightmare day and I seem to be ranting at everyone so why should you guys get away scot free :big:

A belated, Welcome to HMEM Richard

Rick

welcome Richard ;D

the best teacher a ever had was my machine shop teacher, in school he was a no nonsense guy, outside of school he was the greatest friend you could ever have!!!
i still see him at his house every now and again and we sit and have a great long chat about every thing and any thing.

he guided me towards the profession that has served me very well.

again great to have you join us and look forward to see in that under used lathe in action :D

chuck

Latest posts

Back