Hello from Leicester

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewh

Reaction score
A modest hello to the assembled experts; I have been lurking for a while and felt the need to register and do some applause in person.

brief bio: Engineer from scotland living near Leicester - steam user and would-like-to-be steam machinist. There is a Fowler 20hp ploughing engine in my future (or even better a pair). No machine tools at the moment - but working on it. Model aircraft and boat modeller, full size ditto, glider guider occasionally.
Following bogstandard's turbine masterclass with fascination

andrew
picture of non-machined creation attached

DSC02424.JPG

Hello, Andrew, and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy the time you spend here.

Please do us a favor and add your location to your profile. While it's obvious from your introduction, people who respond to your posts may not have read the intro. With the information in your profile, responders will be able to determine your location easily and provide more relevant answers to questions you may raise.

Hi Andrew,

Welcome!....
Nice looking ship model, Post more if you want.
What kind of engineering are you "into"?

Dave

Oooooh boat models! Very cool... do you plan on doing a steam powered boat?

Welcome to the club!

Eric

Hi Andrew, welcome to HMEM. Nice boat model. Is that a homebrew or built from a kit? How big is it?

Always had a fascination for wooden boats, full size and models.

Chuck

Welcome to HMEM Andrew

Rick

Thanks for the welcome mat and messages.

Location added to my profile - it always takes me a little while to figure out a new group housekeeping.

I call myself a mechanical engineer, but have worked round the world on power generation and railway projects- including the Hong Kong airport.

The boat is out of my head, inspired by a line drawing of a hull. Brig Rig, and getting close to sailing under control.

I have several steam boats but (hangs head) with commercial (USE) and made-by-friend engines.
I plan to make a simple steam plant (drum valve twin as published in model boats yonks ago) but the build list is long and large
Also planning a steam turbo-generator using computer hard drive motor as rotating basis.

- all simple stuff based on my present lack of m/c tools

andrew

Latest posts

Back