Hello from Italy

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaman

Reaction score
Hello to everybody,
Thanks to be part of Your beautiful forum. I am from Italy with a true passion for mechanics, electronics and all this stuff. My job are ships, and I am new in micromechanics.
I hope to advantage of your experiences and of your help.

All the best

Giorgio

Welcome Giorgio, I hope you enjoy this wonderful forum
Jim

Hi Giorgio

Welcome from another Italian guy Thm:. HMEM is a great place, full of very talented people.

Are you planning to build a steam engine?

Cheers

Roberto

Ciao Roberto,

I would like to try Roberto, but for the moment I do not know where to find the drawings at least.
I'd like to build a naval alternative steam engine really existed, since I am a model builder. Where is possible to buy drawings ?

Have You any idea ? :D

thanks & ciao

Giorgio

Hello Giorgio, and welcome to the forum, you will find plenty of enthusiastic people here, like yourself I hope you will be building something soon.
Stew.

Ciao Giorgio,

Welcome. This is a very interesting and friendly place to learn.

Saluti,

Mario

Thanks to everybody for the warm wellcome.
As soon as I can I will start an engine.

Prof65 thks for your info

Byby

Giorgio

Hi Giorgio,
Welcome to this wonderful forum with very nice and polite members.

Gus from farway Singapore,the "little red dot."

thanks for your welcome gus,
I was long time ago in Singapore drydocks for ship work repairs, many times.
All the best

...... or it was Shanghai ? .... never mind....:D

Giorgio

Like me when you moved around too many towns/cities/countries,you lose track.

If the drydock folks spoke good English then you were in Singapore.

Shanghai is quite is swinging place. Did you drop by the Peace Hotel where they have 80 year old grandpa playing jazz.These were musicians from the pre-1949 period.

Gus lived in Shanghai for a while.

Hi Giorgio!

This isn't a model of an engine that actually existed, but I am partial to Rudy Kouhoupt's two cylinder marine engine. If you google that, you will find a number of youtube links. The plans are available in a number of books for very little money.

@Gus Ha ha ha .... :) you are right it was Sigapore....... and yes ....I knew an old granpa playing jazz... but it was in neworleans ...... all the best gus

@Brian thanks fo your info I'll try for shure ...... thks again.

Giorgio

Hi Giorgio, I to am new to this forum, I joined to learn more about model making & to find how to use my prazimat DLZ lathe for screw cutting,

Peter

Hello Peter,

I am gathering around plans and info before ask and bothering the forum's fellows. Meanwhile I ordered some drawings .... me and my workshop are waiting for them ... :)
In Italy we say "if they are roses then they will bloom" .... or something like that :)

Screw cutting ? On youtube you can find tons of video about this matter as well as many mechanical manuals on the market.

All the best

(sorry for my late replay ..)

Giorgio

Non that will help with a Prazimat, but thanks for your help,

Peter

Hello Giorgio...very welcome on board!!!!!!:cool:

Latest posts

Back