Hello From Istanbul - Turkey

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esteam

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm a beginner steam engine and metal working hobbyist from Turkey. But I have many hobbies for years such as rc model cars, static models and real motorcycles.

I visit this forum for a few weeks as a guest. I think this forum is the gratest place in the internet for me.

I have a mini lathe with drill named Atinon. I built an oscillating steam engine as my first job. And now just doing my second job: a single cylinder engine

I am very glad to meet you all.

Thank you.

Pleased to meet you too esteam!

As a 'lurker' up to now you will probably already know the various personalities and skills of the members who post regularly. I look forward to reading any submissions you may make and any general discussion.

It's nice to see new members from a continuing diversity of locations

Al

Hello esteam,

Glad you've joined us on HMEM. As Al said, it's great to have people from all over the world.

Chuci

Hey Estam! Welcome to the club. The great melting pot of like minded people.

Eric

Thank you guys.

I wanna show you my first engine. I know it's simple. But runs so good. I'm gonna build more complex engines in the near future.

Lathe working is my meditation. It's my addiction. I don't know how I can explain this.

By the way, my name is Erdem. 36 years old.

Thanx

Erdem

SP_A0029.jpg

Hey Erdem... I am 36 as well. I think we are smack in the middle of the a wide range of age group here.

esteam said:
Lathe working is my meditation. It's my addiction. I don't know how I can explain this.

I don't think you need to explain this Most of us here understand that all too well.

And the HMEM world domination continues...

Eric

hey erdem...............welcome from canada............40 years old here............ love very minute of this great hobby.
the guys and girls on here are a great bunch of folks.

now as for you steam engine model............nice work 8) but were is the video of it running?????

you will soon discover that this bunch of people in this group demands video ;D

if you are looking for another engine to build you might consider bogstandard's twin ,
the plans are here somewhere (in the download section)??

cheers
chuck foster

Hi Erdem,
Welcome to this group. I think we all know and understand this addiction that you're talking about :big:. Would like to see photos or even better, a video, of your engine.

Cheers,
Phil

Hitandmissman, Rick, Eric, Chuck, Phil

Thank you all. What a great feeling. I mean everyone knows what lathe and metal hobbies are.

I will attache my engine's video soon.

Chuck, thanks for your recommendation. I have just found the dxf files.

Erdem

esteam said:
Hitandmissman, Rick, Eric, Chuck, Phil

Thank you all. What a great feeling. I mean everyone knows what lathe and metal hobbies are.

I will attache my engine's video soon.

Chuck, thanks for your recommendation. I have just found the dxf files.

Erdem

Erdem... the dfx files are only part of it... you want to download the book John wrote. You can find it HERE.

Eric

Eric.

I've alredy found and read them. Really amazing job.

Thanx for your interest.

Erdem

Hi Erdem
Welcome from another newbie, Johns engine that you have downloaded is fantastic i will get round to building one soon, I am sure you will find that John himself will be very encouraging if you do decide to build one, also all the members here are open to questions 'no matter how simple or complex' the answer will be found. they are a very friendly crowd here and have made me feel very welcome.
All the best
Malcolm

Back