- Nov 23, 2018
- Reaction score
Huh, my reply seems to have disappeared. I did the opposite--I bought a kit from Stuarts in Britain. The little bolts they sent, I replaced with American sized bolts as I didn't want to be fighting the hole sizes and BA system of threads which would mean having to buy and replace BA taps and dies which are naturally more expensive to get than just using similar sized bolts here in America. I don't require "authenticity" in my work, just something that works properly in the end.Hi Richard,
I machined this engine. Its a PM Research #5.
It was my first engine from a casting kit. Only thing not original is fasteners. I did replace all the fasteners in the kit with metric ones.
My thread is here
My first engine. This is the first engine that I built. I had the kit lying with me for more than a year but I was afraid to touch it. Mainly the imperial dimensions were giving me a scare. Faced many challenges mostly due to my inexperience and lack of tools and fixtures. I learned a lot...www.homemodelenginemachinist.com