Hello from France

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rider40

Reaction score
Hi I'm Bernard and live in area of Landes in France. I am retired now and among other hobbies I machine metal and build small 4 stroke engines. I started with a HQ 500 a multipurpose machine and now I have a lathe and a milling machine. I first made a rustic four cylinder and then a single cylinder, both working. I know, I should have done the opposite....and the learning curve was arduous. However, this did not discourage me and I have started to build a 72cc V8 of my own design. The technical difficulties are not lacking and I will be very happy to chat with all the members of the forum who wish to do so. Sorry for my broken English!

Hello . Wellcome !
Don't worry about your English .
My English is very bad and often use google translate .
Can you post some pictures of your engine ?

Hi I'm Bernard and live in area of Landes in France. I am retired now and among other hobbies I machine metal and build small 4 stroke engines. I started with a HQ 500 a multipurpose machine and now I have a lathe and a milling machine. I first made a rustic four cylinder and then a single cylinder, both working. I know, I should have done the opposite....and the learning curve was arduous. However, this did not discourage me and I have started to build a 72cc V8 of my own design. The technical difficulties are not lacking and I will be very happy to chat with all the members of the forum who wish to do so. Sorry for my broken English!
Welcome to the group

Dave

Some pictures of my two previous realizations:

The four cylinder is of personal design. I didn't know anything about machining before I started it and I think I made all the mistakes I could in design and realization.... a kind of quick training. It simply turns.

P1070335.JPG
P1070337.JPG
P1030946.JPG

The single cylinder is built on the basis of a Cad Jung design. It was less fun but more efficient....It runs now with unleaded gasoline and propeller. I did not measure the power but it produces a lot of wind!!

P1060496.JPG
P1070246.JPG

That's two nice engines.
Interested to see your 4cyl. crankshaft & connecting rods.
You live at a nice place. I've been visiting Arcachon and Isle d'Orleron a few years ago, that should be nearby. Won't forget the coastal patrol with Mirage 2000 at that time, they were flying fast and low all over the day.

Good luck with the V8.
I'm slowly proceeding with similar project, inspired from Schillings & Jung, but still nothing machined.
Kind greetings,
Christian

Thanks for your interest.

@ Roger:
Nice to meet you so far away from our places of life.... while we are almost neighbors.

@Christian
Glad to know that you appreciate my region. I can't find all my pictures of the 4 cylinders machining, for the moment. I just found these ones.
Connecting rodes are steel made with bronze rings
P1030926.JPG

the crankshaft is one-piece and rotates on 2 bearings, the gear-driven camshaft can be seen below. It rotates in reverse to the crankshaft.
P1050872.JPG

happy if it helps and successful continuation for your V8 project !

Latest posts

Back