Hello from Denmark

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holt

Reaction score
Hi every one!
I have been lurking around here for quite a while, and decided it was about time to say hello.
I am a skilled machinist, and have been working at a local little factory called LEGO for 13 years building automatic mounting and decoration machines. in 1999 it was hard times for the LEGO Company, and a lot of us was resigned, and the next six years i was repairing injection mould machines, and moulds at a little factory where you had to be able to repair everything from the photocopy machine to the loo (the Lady's at the office preferred it in that order). In 2005 i got a job at a tool manufacturing company, where i have my own little department operating a laser welder, repairing parts for plastic injection moulds. this sort of laserwelding are made looking trough a microscope, and the welding thread are between 0,15 mm and 0,4 mm.
I don't have any home machine equipment, but are allowed to use the machines at work (most of it being cnc from a little Tagisawa to the new Heller 350) but i prefer the manual machines, the little Schaublin lathe and the Deckel mill. I haven't made any model engines yet, but that time will come shortly, well you members from the states may think i have been making model engines when they see this, but it is infact an full scale (little) car engine http://efiminis.olicentral.com/index.php?topic=92.0

Holt,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks for the welcomes.
I have been trying to open the member map to add a pin where i live but i haven't been able yet.

Holt

the maps not workin right now. from what I gatehr the company did something so they have to reset it up or set up a new one or something.

joe

Welcome to HMEM Holt!!

Regards,
Bill

Holt, welcome to HMEM. Please make yourself at home!

Welcome Holt,

Your work at lego must have helped to start a love for building and creation in many children. I know that I loved mine as a kid and the technic stuff started me on the way to being an engineer. I am still getting joy out of it helping my kids learn and build.

My first car was an 850cc mini. They are a great fun little car I can imagine that one with a decent amount of power would be a delight to drive.

Cheers,

Nick

Nickle said:
My first car was an 850cc mini. They are a great fun little car
Nick
If you think a car with app. 30 hp is fun, imagine how fun the same car with 130 hp would be!
For those who havent followed the link to my build tread at the top, i can say it is about fitting a BMW K1200RS 16V motorcycle cylinderhead to a classic MINI 1275 cc engine

Holt

Nice covers on that head Holt! Welcome to the forum!

Dave

Latest posts

Back