Hello from Cambridge England

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipemakermike

Reaction score
My Name is Mike Nelson and I have just joined. I make musical instruments, Model aeroplanes and a lot of model engineering things - mostly tools so far. I served a Scientific Instrument making apprenticeship at the Cambridge Scientific Instrument company and have spent most of the last 40+ years as a Design Engineer working for a number of the local design consultancies. I have a well equipped workshop with a vertical milling machine and 3 lathes (a Myford ML7 and a Chester Cub 630) as well as the usual bandsaw, pillar drill etc.
I gave up full time employment with Cambridges major design consultancy, Cambridge Consultants, at the end of 2005 and have been very busy ever since as a contract designeer for a lot of the smaller consultancies around Cambridge. Having just passed the magic retirement date I am taking on less work and trying to get back to the making that I love.
I will be doing one more project - Helping the recreation of a Baldwin narrow gauge locomotive for the Lynton and Barnstable railway. This is really a labour of love and I am viewing it as a retirement project.
http://762club.com/images/gallery1/2.jpg

Welcome Mike!
I am a tool design engineer I work on Boeing and Airbus projects mostly a little military but not so much any more. I have worked in the tooling trade for 38+ years now.

Welcome to the group, Mike! you sure have a varied range of interests, just like many of the folks on here. I'm sure you will love it here, by the way Mike, would the pipes you make be organ pipes? Just curious :)
Stew

Welcome Mike,
That sounds like a great project on the loco too. Any current pictures of it? The one in the link i assume is when it was more in its prime.

Regards,
Bill

Welcome aboard Mike. This is the one stop shop. Looks kine a great retirement project. We do like lots of pictures.
ironman (Ray)

Mike,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Mike,
I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath with the USAF, lived in Isleham, and married an Isleham girl.

Chuck in E. TN

Hi
Welcome to the forum Mike.

Brian

Latest posts

Back