Hello from Brampton Ontario. Would anybody like to raise a little steam locally?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldarm

Reaction score
I have had this little thing running around my head since I was in my teens. It is still running around and I would very much like to exorcise it as either a viable or non-viable form of reciprocating force generation. I have no background in energy generation and maybe that is why I can't put this notion to sleep once and for all. The process is fundamentally incredibly straight forward but difficult to put into a written context. Hence I need to have a good chat with someone who is not easily deterred by what may sound scatterbrained.
My current fetish, as a long retired silverback, is the building of Art Deco styled aircraft. These I cast in either aluminium or one of the zinc/aluminium alloys. The sequence of events to the making of them is as follows.

Build a soft master pattern.
Make an aluminium master from the model.
Make a die from the aluminium master.
From the die produce castings. Fettle, polish/plate and mount.
Piece of cake!

I'll attach a few snaps to give you an idea of the finished items.
Again, if there is anybody out there who is comfortable with steam please do drop me a line. I would love to have a chat!
John
Arrow prototype on a perforated rib.JPG
Avro Arrow just polished.JPG
B-17 mounted on 'V' stand.JPG
Canberra on an Arrowhead base.JPG
F-86D and F-86F Sabres.JPG
Arrow prototype on a perforated rib.JPG
Avro Arrow just polished.JPG
B-17 mounted on 'V' stand.JPG
Canberra on an Arrowhead base.JPG
F-86D and F-86F Sabres.JPG
Hurricanes. Tallyho on a roundel base.jpg
Hurricanes. Tallyho on a roundel base.jpg

Your planes are beautiful. I am a retired design engineer and will private message you.---Brian
Hi Brian, do you need my phone number to message me? Sorry, not too savvy with tech! Good to hear you like the models.
John
I was going to attach a new notion so I'll do that now. I find it at once exciting and scary. But I'm biased.

Attachments

• P1190828.JPG
    P1190828.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 125
Good morning Richard,
your assessment is quite correct. An "Intervention" has been suggested but I'm quite sure that I don't need that. You know I can quit anytime.
Anyway, what lulls you to sleep better than pondering on tomorrows "how do I do this, that or the other?" I'll bet there are not too many is this forum who don't thrive on challenges!
John

Back