Hello from Brampton Ontario. Would anybody like to raise a little steam locally?

Help Support HMEM:

Oldarm

Reaction score
I have had this little thing running around my head since I was in my teens. It is still running around and I would very much like to exorcise it as either a viable or non-viable form of reciprocating force generation. I have no background in energy generation and maybe that is why I can't put this notion to sleep once and for all. The process is fundamentally incredibly straight forward but difficult to put into a written context. Hence I need to have a good chat with someone who is not easily deterred by what may sound scatterbrained.
My current fetish, as a long retired silverback, is the building of Art Deco styled aircraft. These I cast in either aluminium or one of the zinc/aluminium alloys. The sequence of events to the making of them is as follows.

Build a soft master pattern.
Make an aluminium master from the model.
Make a die from the aluminium master.
From the die produce castings. Fettle, polish/plate and mount.
Piece of cake!

I'll attach a few snaps to give you an idea of the finished items.
Again, if there is anybody out there who is comfortable with steam please do drop me a line. I would love to have a chat!
John
Arrow prototype on a perforated rib.JPG
Avro Arrow just polished.JPG
B-17 mounted on 'V' stand.JPG
Canberra on an Arrowhead base.JPG
F-86D and F-86F Sabres.JPG
Arrow prototype on a perforated rib.JPG
Avro Arrow just polished.JPG
B-17 mounted on 'V' stand.JPG
Canberra on an Arrowhead base.JPG
F-86D and F-86F Sabres.JPG
Hurricanes. Tallyho on a roundel base.jpg
Hurricanes. Tallyho on a roundel base.jpg

Oldarm

Reaction score
Your planes are beautiful. I am a retired design engineer and will private message you.---Brian
Hi Brian, do you need my phone number to message me? Sorry, not too savvy with tech! Good to hear you like the models.
John
I was going to attach a new notion so I'll do that now. I find it at once exciting and scary. But I'm biased.

Attachments

Richard Hed

Reaction score
Hi Brian, do you need my phone number to message me? Sorry, not too savvy with tech! Good to hear you like the models.
John
I was going to attach a new notion so I'll do that now. I find it at once exciting and scary. But I'm biased.
I would say you are obsessed, and I love it.

Oldarm

Reaction score
Good morning Richard,
your assessment is quite correct. An "Intervention" has been suggested but I'm quite sure that I don't need that. You know I can quit anytime.
Anyway, what lulls you to sleep better than pondering on tomorrows "how do I do this, that or the other?" I'll bet there are not too many is this forum who don't thrive on challenges!
John

Latest posts