Hello from another new UK member

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alan2525

Reaction score
Hi!

Hello from an Essex Lad here!

Found out about the forums via John (aka Bogstandard) at the scale-models.co.uk forum. I'm new to the wonderful world of model engineering, have just purchased a Taig Mill to go with my Taig Lathe (both Ebay finds, both as new and just a faint aroma of pipe smoke) and everyday another small package of various engineering tools helps me set up my tabletop minature workshop in a spare bedroom!

I've always aspired to own one of those beautifully machined live steam locos you see at model engineering exhibitions, can't afford one and thought it was about time I tried to build my own and learn the skills to do it!

I also have a Roland CNC machine which I use for all the sheetmetal work, I'm fascinated by CNC and hoping to convert the Taig mill to CNC shortly.

Currently designing and building a small 0-4-0 tank Loco in 16mm:1ft using mamod cylinders as I didn't have the gumption to machine proper valvegear!

Future projects will be more small 32mm gauge loco's for garden railway! Kerr Stuart Wren, Brazil, Quarry Hunslet...the list far outweighs my skill level but it's all good fun!

Alan

Hi Alan... Welcome to HMEM.

Chuck

Welcome Alan. All the greatest success in your projects. You have set your sights on some amazing projects. :)

Cheers,
Phil

Alan, that is a very cool engine. Thanks for the website link. I'll be sure to share it with my steam locomotive friends.

Cheers,
Phil

Welcome Alan,

I hope you find the site to your liking, and as helpful as I told you.

John

Welcome Alan! I see Bog is bringing us more and more ;D Good job John! :bow: Don't worry about the pipe scent on the machines... I am sure that will go away as you use the machines!

Eric

It was mainly on the cardboard boxes the chucks and faceplates came in - 3 months in the shed and they are well aired now! Those were ebay purchases too and wrongly described as petol lathe rather than peatol so bargains were to be had!

Back