Hello from Akron, Ohio

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkySparky

Reaction score
Hello all. I own a Fairbanks Morse 208 Hit n Miss Natural gas engine 1943. 12 hp 6" single cylinder. 650lbs. And I want to make my own CDI for it. I have destructively analyzed the one that just failed and would love some help selecting components. Looking forward to meeting you all.

There are a few people on here who have already nailed down some very good designs. Cncengines.com is Roy's web site. He has been making CDI's for years. Dsage has posted designs and also circuit boards if you want to build one yourself. Do a search for ignitions and I'm sure more than a few will pop up.

There are a few people on here who have already nailed down some very good designs. Cncengines.com is Roy's web site. He has been making CDI's for years. Dsage has posted designs and also circuit boards if you want to build one yourself. Do a search for ignitions and I'm sure more than a few will pop up.
Thank you very much. I look forward to learning more

Hello all. I own a Fairbanks Morse 208 Hit n Miss Natural gas engine 1943. 12 hp 6" single cylinder. 650lbs. And I want to make my own CDI for it. I have destructively analyzed the one that just failed and would love some help selecting components. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Welcome to the group

Dave

This past Sunday, at our regular car Cruze-in, someone brought a couple of hit and miss engines and displayed them on his tailgate. The tag says Zanesville, OH., about 100 miles from Akron…. Small world. Welcome to the forum.

Attachments

• 085941B6-7028-4EF0-894B-1B50DC60829C.jpeg
    085941B6-7028-4EF0-894B-1B50DC60829C.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2
This past Sunday, at our regular car Cruze-in, someone brought a couple of hit and miss engines and displayed them on his tailgate. The tag says Zanesville, OH., about 100 miles from Akron…. Small world. Welcome to the forum.
Cool. Wish I was there.
I’m making progress on my CDI.
I’m glad I found this forum.

Welcome from Medina!

Scott
Hi Scott, Jim from Hudson/Stow, OH area. Im working on building up my home machine shop. Are there any hobby machinist clubs around? Looking to make model airplane diesel engines, among other things

Hi Jimbo
Scott from Medina here. I do not know of any clubs in the area.
Maybe George Britnell from Strongsville knows different and can supply some info.
I am going to copy and paste this into your other inquiry.

Scott

Back