Hello From a Long Time Lurker

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curious1

Reaction score
I finally decided to become active on this forum and thought I should introduce myself. I am retired and live in Northern Alabama USA. I have been interested in machining for several decades and gradually acquired some second hand (worn out) equipment upon which I have made a few projects. This forum has taught me a lot and kept me interested. Recently started the "magnetically sprung wobbler" by Ken I. Thanks Ken for those plans. Will post pictures of any success that might occur.

For equipment I have a Grizzly G0755 Vertical Mill, Sheldon 10x40 lathe, a Covel 10" surface grinder, and an armstrong hacksaw. Gradually learning the nuances of the war surplus machines.

Thanks again to all those that post. I have learned a lot and hope to contribute as my skills improve (or my mistakes are good teaching moments).

Mark

I finally decided to become active on this forum and thought I should introduce myself. I am retired and live in Northern Alabama USA. I have been interested in machining for several decades and gradually acquired some second hand (worn out) equipment upon which I have made a few projects. This forum has taught me a lot and kept me interested. Recently started the "magnetically sprung wobbler" by Ken I. Thanks Ken for those plans. Will post pictures of any success that might occur.

For equipment I have a Grizzly G0755 Vertical Mill, Sheldon 10x40 lathe, a Covel 10" surface grinder, and an armstrong hacksaw. Gradually learning the nuances of the war surplus machines.

Thanks again to all those that post. I have learned a lot and hope to contribute as my skills improve (or my mistakes are good teaching moments).

Mark

Welcome to the group

Dave

Welcome Mark - I too lurked for a long time - welcome to the forum and thanks for choosing my wobbler.
Any issues feel free to ask and be sure to post a build thread.
You might want to change the piston to 1/2" and the rod to 3/16" if you only have imperial reamers etc. etc.
I normally just take a bunch of photos and then post on successful completion - it's just less embarrassing if it all goes pear shaped although that's only happened to me once.
Regards, Ken

A simple approach to pearshaped components that I have sometimes used with some succes is to assemble the lot, attach the compressor and pump up the pressure till it runs - often with more noise from leakage than from the running itself.

Welcome aboard lad, it sounds as if you have some nice older machines to start out on. Keep us posted of any engines you undertake regardless of how simple, and take lots of pictures coz we love pictures...

BC1
Jim

Latest posts

Back