Hello everyone!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacksheep

Reaction score
Hello!
I’m from Italy, I’m a farmer and I have a lot of tools in my workshop that I use to fix my farm equipment.
I have a lathe, a little mill and I wanted to try to build some engines since long time.
I started a couple of months ago with a wobbler, the elmer’s # 25.
It runs 🎉 and this pushed me to keep going.
I hope to have some spare time to build other engines 🤞🏻

Ps: please forgive me for my not so good english.

Welcome, I used to live for part of the year opposite the Little St Bernard Pass on the French side.
We used to ski over to buy an ice cream!

Best Wishes

Norman

Hi Blacksheep welcome to the forum

I built the Elmer’s # 25 about 7 years ago
It’s a great first project.

Yes, it’s a good simple project and takes little time to be done.
My biggest problem is to find spare time...it’s rare and nobody sells it, so I decided to start with very simple engines.

Thank you, I’d like to show you my engine but I dont know if I can post it in this thread or I should start a new thread in another section.

Ok, this is my little boy...
99916806-B6C5-4ED2-AAC0-2A49E9CA3219.jpeg
97A917D3-85A3-4262-B2B6-C5AE5887EAEA.jpeg

it’s not polished and the flywheel, the crankshaft and the base are made of steel so I think I won’t never try to power it with steam.
For next projects I got a stainless steel bar.

Very nice, do not cut yourself short. You made it and it does what it is made to do and the joy you have had in the build can not be bought for any amount.
Thanks for sharing.

So true nel2lar!
Thank you all for the replies and encouragement.
It has nothing to do with the engines that I see posted in this forum but it looks good to me too, it’s my fist attemp and it has to be rough! 😅
Next project will be another Elmer’s engine: the baldy.

Back