hello everybody

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S_J_H

Reaction score
I just joined. I have a keen interest in model engines but have taken a break with other projects. Here are a couple of engines I have built. A .60 glow engine and my take on the Stirling featured in HSM mag a while back. I have also started on the Snow tandem engine.
I really like all the features on this site!
stirlig001.jpg

Welcome Welcome!

How much of the Snow have you completed?

Eric

Hello S_J_H

Welcome to HMEM

Rick

Eric, yes I am the S_J_H that built that lathe. As for the Snow, I have the cylinders finished, the pedestals and 3 of the 4 combustion chambers done. I put it on hold I when I got the brainstorm to build that cnc lathe.
Here is a pic of the cylinders and pedestals. I used aluminum for the water jackets instead of steel. The cyls themselves are leaded steel.
stuff004.jpg

Steve

Those cylinders look pretty nice! Good job.

I will build the snow eventually. Probably next year. Got a few things to do first.

That CNC lathe is an inspiration. I followed that thread like an addiction. If anyone on this board hasn't seen it, they need to... look up a few posts for the link.

Gonna use that glow plug engine for anything? or was just a build?

Steve, start a build log thread for that Snow and keep us informed.

Eric

welcome to our little corner of cyberspace . Nice work
Tin

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Eric, the .60 glow engine was my first engine. I just display it. The CNC lathe project was quite the ride. I learned a lot in the process of that build. I built it primarily for my engine hobby interest.
Once I start up again on the Snow I'll do an update thread.
Steve

Hi Steve,

Welcome to HMEM. I spent a considerable amount of time going through your CNC Lathe Build on CNC zone. That's some fine looking machine. I'm quite envious.

Chuck

Latest posts

Back