Hello all

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sura

Reaction score
Hi .. My name is Sura . I live in Saraburi , about 120 km north of Bangkok. My hobby is making ship model and automata . recently I try to make
120cm boat for r/c . So steam enginne became to my interesting.
I dont have any knowledge about machine not at all , only I use is cnc for woodcutting . In my mind steam launch is hard to build , but just
search knowledge especially from this site , I have more confidence
to make it . My plan is building simple engine and another thing ismaking boiler . Before starting to to make boiler I have to find it's plan . I plan to have tvr1a and paddleduck engine to be my example
for the next stage after 1 simple cylinder finish . But togather at the same time , I start to find copper brass tube for the boiler also.

Thanks for all picture all word all idea from this site .. .. it gave me alot
of idea and leading me to steam engine world .

rgds

Sura

thanks TorontoBuilder ,

my concept for speed up knowledge in steam engine is buying books , collect

picture , plan or even buy complete product . The first boiler I try to make is 3.5 '' same size from detail in maccasteam page . Raw matterial such as copper tube is plenty and can

be find near chinatown in Bangkok . Now trying to adapt cheap brass nut for making fitting . The mini pressure guage is hardly to find . May be some shop can order from India at extra price .
But for the steam engine is still far away from my real world untill I can have the lathe

Welcome Sura, this is a great place to find information

Jim

hi , my loco just begin . it is not such a good job but at least I do to follow my dream .

c.jpg

Nice start Sura. Tell us more about the locomotive you are building. Is it your design, or, is it a published design? What is the gauge?

David

Hi Sura, I think there are some plans for a vertical and a centre flue boiler in the download section on this site
Alex did them .
Model boats are one of my passions along with hot air engines. Have a look on this site under Titanic Life boat it is been built by George another very knowledgeable marine steam builder https://www.rcgroups.com/steam-boats-656/
Is that a Titch you are building
cheers

hello
dalem9 : many thanks for your kindly support my dream

hello
dalem9 : many thanks for your kindly support my dream david :the loco is Tich 7 1/4 fcheslop : thanks for info , I also make r/c boat and mini sailboat for sail inthe lake

p.jpg

Try to set the frame for showing my friends thai I am building something lookslike loco .so not just a dream any more , but the scratch by milling machine on the side of the frame is a kind if nightmare.

IMG_0287.jpg

The mark left by the milling machine is not too bad. It will get painted anyway. How did it happen??

David

So many many mistake and lots of lessons , this is how it happened . Should not happen again , :eek:. Please forgive me .

IMG_0289.jpg

Those kinds of "scratches" are called "apprentice marks"!! We all have them here and there!

David

Thank you teachers , some more memory on my hand caused by hot CI dust , I made jig to hold the frame , and for make sure I can have 6 " space between the frames .

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

Back