Helicopter test flight

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Briefly. I'm a long time RC guy. Flew pattern quite a while, then racing. I dabbled in the dark side of heli's for a couple years. Had a few TREX-450s to learn on & then Logo 500. I really enjoyed it. Its technical, lots of fiddly setup stuff mechanically & electrically, don't need a big hanger, no balsa dust, epoxy & paint fumes. I was banking sim hours in winter & starting to progress into aerobatics in the summer. Then one day after beating the air into submission I decided to fly my hotliner for kicks (ex F5B airframe). My left thumb couldn't decide if it was still in heli-collective mode, planker throttle mode, or sailplane spoiler/flap mode. I concluded that I arrived at an RC crossroads - something was going to get a $$ deep dirt injection sooner or later. So airplanes won, its too deep in my DNA. I sold my heli stuff. Now I am into ALES/F5J. It different enough to keep me interested, suits my descending reflexes & meets my senseless lust for composite structures. But the RC addiction gets in the way of model engineering & engine building although each year I lean more to the latter. Sorry for the long blah-blah.

You probably already know but some guys that marry the 2 hobbies for maximum <cough expense> enjoyment LOL
http://www.cad-modelltechnik-jung.de/seite1.htm

Latest posts

Back