Heinrici HO42

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonb

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
This is my latest effort a Heinrici hot air engine based on drawings intended for making with castings but I altered them to suit my usual fabrication and cutting from solid methods as well as a few other details taken from original engines. I decided to do something a bit different with teh paintwork too.

DSC04081.JPG

Inside the hollow displacer "piston rod" there is a clevis joint so that the change in angle due to the arm moving in an arc can be allowed for and that all screws into the top of the displacer

20210129_143830.jpg

No castings were hurt during the build. The drawings I based it on were intended for castings but the guy only had his own set cast as it was too expensive but he did do it all in bronze which no doubt put the cost up.

As the video shows I either fabricated by silver soldering or in the case of the stand by welding or cut from solid The two main frames and the arms and linkages were drawn up in Alibre and then exported to F360 which did the CAM and then cut on my CNC from 6082 aluminium and the flywheels done the same way from slices of cast iron bar after roughing out on the lathe. It could be done on manual machines as I have done a lot of engines that way in the past but since getting the CNC it does make certain parts a lot easier and quicker to produce.

Build thread on MEM for more details of how it came together.
https://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,10064.0.html

Sorry , I didn't watch the vid. I was looking at the first picture and looking at the lettering on the side and wondering how you did it.
Great Job. I'm working an a full size Bremen walking beam.

Latest posts

Back