Hats off to the MDMC!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a few minutes to brag about a great bunch of guy's here in the Detroit area. We tossed around the idea of doing something as a group. I decided to take the ball and run with it. I passed out some drawings to all interested partys and 11 different people made a few pieces each. A few weeks ago we all brought our pieces over and put our project together. The project is cool and will be at names running but I think the best part is, this group of guy's did this thing on time and to a very high degree of quality. I have heard of MANY failed attempts at group builds by other local groups. I think this project shows just what kind of people they truly are. Thanks MDMC

Metro Detroit Metalworking Club

This video was shot using an unregulated air source. It now runs at a slow pace on less than 10PSI.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39N8KsjY9Vg[/ame]

DSCN2062.jpg

DSCN2060.jpg

DSCN2076s.jpg

DSCN2096.jpg

Beautiful Engine Steve!

Hats off here to the Metro Detroit Metalworking Club as well!:bow: :bow: :bow:

Rick

Yikes, I can't even get my own parts to fit together, much less somebody else's! Nice work.

Chuck

Beautiful piece of work guys. It's great to have a group working together like that. I have one question when you do a group build. Do you tolerance your dimensions? By that I mean is the piston dimension say 1.00 +.000-.001 and the cylinder 1.001 -000+.0005 or do you communicate with each other while the building is going on?
gbritnell

That's a mob of Groupies to be proud of. :bow: x11

Best Regards
Bob

A very nice engine indeed. Great presentation.

Well done!

Steve, where could a guy get the drawings for this one?

Thanks.

That's a sharp piece of work that your group did. :bow: And it has a soothing sound to it too.

gbritnell said:
Beautiful piece of work guys. It's great to have a group working together like that. I have one question when you do a group build. Do you tolerance your dimensions? By that I mean is the piston dimension say 1.00 +.000-.001 and the cylinder 1.001 -000+.0005 or do you communicate with each other while the building is going on?
gbritnell

The important dimentions were already there. Pistons were +0.00 -.001 and the cylinders were -0.000 + .001 and so on. My original thought was to have someone make a part and then pass that part to the guy making the mating part but it would have taken years that way. There were 2 mating pieces that were just a bit tight but a quick rub with some crocus cloth solved the problem.

Thanks Steve,

Don't think I can make it tho'

Outstanding!! I am sure that your members will beaming at the NAMES show, and rightfully so. I am jazzed by this type of activity within our hobby.

My club just recently completed a group project, the Farmboy Hit and Miss by Jerry Howell.
http://www.schsm.org/html/group_project.html.

Our neighbor club, the Bay Area Engine Modelers, is another example of what is being done on a club level. They host the 4th Annual Western Engine and Model Exhibition. http://www.baemclub.com/ and http://www.wemeshow.com/

It appears that clubs in the U.S. are growing in popularity. Most likely inspired by Internet Networking (HMEM).

Great work MDMC.

Thanks Steve,

Don't think I can make it tho'

I'll see if they are there and get another set. They are only $15 USD. Cant be that much to send them to you.

Thanks alot!

That is a very nice engine indeed, and superbly made and displayed, a great credit to you all.

A unique rotary engine running on air, a thing I haven't seen before.

If anyone is going to that show, and can obtain a copy of the plans for me, to go into my archive for making at a later date, I will gladly reimburse any costs involved in the purchase and P&P costs to the UK. I do have a Paypal account for money transfer, or I can send registered cash.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Bogs

Bogstandard said:
If anyone is going to that show, and can obtain a copy of the plans for me, to go into my archive for making at a later date, I will gladly reimburse any costs involved in the purchase and P&P costs to the UK. I do have a Paypal account for money transfer, or I can send registered cash.

That makes two.

is there any chance i could buy a copy of these drawings as well???

chuck

Can I please be #4?

That display is just gorgeous. Even my wife would tolerate it in our house. How can you go wrong with that?

Cheers,

BW

Back