Has anyone noticed?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b.lindsey

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I was searching for B-88 needle bearings yesterday for the Rider-Ericsson build and one of the sources that popped up was Amazon though they only had one and i needed 2. Further down the search list was smallparts.com which I have used occasionally so I clicked on that link and up comes something called AmazonSupply.com. Seems Amazon bought out the old Small Parts outfit. Now if you enter www.smallparts.com Amazon Supply still comes up. Has anyone had any experience with them since this changed? Actually I thought I had re-clicked again on the Amazon link by mistake as this isn't a business fit I would have ever associated with Amazon. Guess time will tell.

Bill

Thanks Andrew, I did find the bearings from another source and have them on order now. It was just the the new association or takeover or whatever of Small Parts by Amazon surprised me.

Hello,

I ran into this in January when I was looking for a worm and wheel gear set from Boston Gear. Amazon.com had them listed and I ended up purchasing through them with great satisfaction. My wife pays an annual fee to them for some kind of shipping and handling discount, so I was very happy to use them. You have to admit their shipping is very fast and packing is pretty well done. They also beat my typical sources on price significantly.

They also had all of the water filters and air filters that I was looking for at the same time. These are for refrigerator, drinking water, air purification, etc. (all different manufacturers). I saved a bunch on shipping and it was remarkably quick and easy to find and order.

Regards,
Mike

Back