Hardware store steam engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not build this engine. My grandfather and I happened to see it listed for sale on eBay and he had to have it. Alberto Salas who lives is Spain made it. It is another example of what can be accomplished using off-the shelf parts and a little ingenuity.
This Stirling engine is missing two important parts - a glass zylinder cap over the right hand end and the burner below . This is another Stirling engine Mr.Salas has made from an old hard disk drive clearly showing the missing parts. => Al's Steam Engines has many more of his wonderful inventive ideas of reusing "found" hardware.

Attachments

• Salas_Stirling1W.jpg
    Salas_Stirling1W.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 352
  • Salas_Stirling3W.jpg
    Salas_Stirling3W.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 350
  • Salas_Stirling4W.jpg
    Salas_Stirling4W.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 334
  • Salas_Stirling5W.jpg
    Salas_Stirling5W.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 322
Paso, thanks for the time it took you to wright up that articular and take all those pics and share with us, that was really nice of you, sure that one will be duplicated several times, I really like that one, its like when I get ready to make something, it will be made with what I have on hand, thanks again, Joe

Good stuff !!--I can remember when I was about 13 or 14 years old, wanting to build a steam engine so bad, and having no one around me to help or show me what to do. I had to wait 50 years to build my first steam engine. Very Cool!!!---Brian

What fun .
thank you for the comprehensive write up
I see lots of other interesting projects on your youtube Channel.
That twin with the block top end makes a particularly nice sound.
I have subscribed.

Latest posts

Back