Quantcast

Hardware store steam engine

Help Support HMEM:

peter2uat

Reaction score
I did not build this engine. My grandfather and I happened to see it listed for sale on eBay and he had to have it. Alberto Salas who lives is Spain made it. It is another example of what can be accomplished using off-the shelf parts and a little ingenuity.
This Stirling engine is missing two important parts - a glass zylinder cap over the right hand end and the burner below . This is another Stirling engine Mr.Salas has made from an old hard disk drive clearly showing the missing parts. => Al's Steam Engines has many more of his wonderful inventive ideas of reusing "found" hardware.

Attachments

lathe nut

Lathe Nut
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Paso, thanks for the time it took you to wright up that articular and take all those pics and share with us, that was really nice of you, sure that one will be duplicated several times, I really like that one, its like when I get ready to make something, it will be made with what I have on hand, thanks again, Joe

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Good stuff !!--I can remember when I was about 13 or 14 years old, wanting to build a steam engine so bad, and having no one around me to help or show me what to do. I had to wait 50 years to build my first steam engine. Very Cool!!!---Brian

Dan

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I have completed posting a parts listing as well as building instructions on this thread.
Thank you so much for taking the time putting the entire package together. A great learning experience for the grandkid.

Latest posts