Happy Thanksgiving for humour

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bogstandard

I started a post about humour in model engineering not long after the site started.
A very slow start to begin with where cultures seemed to have a different set of values for humour.
Eventually the ice was broken and people started to join in, I think with the number of posts and views, it has become one of the most popular posts on the site, showing that clean, pure humour can give great enjoyment.
I would like to say, even though we don't celebrate one of your cultures most prized and loved holidays. Just a little thanks for being here.
Thru sorrow and happiness, hard times and good, meeting new friends and saying goodbye to old, new challenges and conquering old fears, we all have to be thankful that thru all this we still have a sense of humour to lift us when we are down and for enjoyment when we aren't.

John

Actually, John, the British do celebrate Thanksgiving. It's just that you lot celebrate it on 16 September, which was when the crazy Pilgrims sailed out of Plymouth.

Nevertheless, have a good day. We've all got a lot for which to be thankful.

Marv,
It might be celebrated in the southern parts of our little land, but where I live, we don't. Those in the south seem to think it has nothing to do with us 'northerners', and have never told us about it.
We have a very strong north/south divide, where people below Watford Gap seem to think we above it still live in caves, but what they don't realise is that, without us bogtrotters, no industrial revolution would have taken place.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watford_Gap

John

My wife is from Canada so we have two Thanksgivings here every year.

When I told my foreman that I had to have a Saturday off in October
because my niece and her husband were flying in for Thanksgiving Dinner
two days early, he suggested that I didn't need to MAKE UP excuses
if I didn't want to work a Saturday. :roll:

Rick

turkeystuffing.jpg

Very good Mike.

Here is a little one for you all to read.

smile.jpg

Now that thanksgiving is basically over, I am going to lock this topic otherwise it will start to get too big, and the original message it conveyed will be lost.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back