Hands across the Ocean

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DickDastardly40

Reaction score
I posted here about 3 months ago that I would be working in Brisbane for a while and asked if any members were in the vicinity.

MetalMad and Bezazel both replied and I was honored to have an evening with each of them over my time here. Anybody not familiar with either of these gents should check out their input to this site; I wish mine own was half as impressive.

The both are self taught and both have their own foundries which interest my intensely. Metalmad was kind enough to let me use his lathe all evening for a successful work project and I didn't get the opportunity to repay the favour. I only got to visit them once each but could have stayed much longer.

I leave Brisbane tomorrow and will return in about 2 and a half months for a short while for the boat I work on to be splashed and then sail off.

I would recommend that of you transit away from home ask if any like minded souls are around. You wil be amazed at the hospitality.

Thanks guys.

Hats off to our friends in Queensland for being such accommodating hosts. BRAVO! :bow:

BC1
Jim

Back