Hallo from Germany

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joachim Steinke

Reaction score
Hallo everyone,

even though located in Germany I am a busy reader of this excellent forum for some years. And now, thinking time has come to get a little more involved, I made my registration here today.

Being not a native speaker, writing in your language is not my all day business. So I hope you will excuse my partial not very well developed English.

My main interests are into precision mechanics tool development and all sorts of miniature internal combustion engines. I believe this forum is a great platform for exchanging our practical knowledge and all the design ideas concerning our nice model making hobby.

Here, for example, you can have a look at my latest project, a small one cylinder engine of my own design, 0.24 cubic inch, 4- cycle sleeve valve timing.

SLVE_VER1_506.JPG

SLVE_VER1_532.JPG

And a short video showing the engine running (5.5MB, mpg type):

http://pl-hi.de/JST/SLVE/SLVE_RUNNING_CARB_II_02.mpg

I hope I will find the time to start a detailed report about this project in the “work in progress” section within the next days, but it will take some hours to translate my actual scripture.

Achim

Welcome to the forum Achim.
That is some fine workmanship.

The video wouldn't run for me...I don't know what the problem is.
Someone else here may know.

Where in Germany are you?

Welcome aboard, and that is an awesome looking engine to boot.

Regards,
Chazz

Hallo Joachim und willkommen.
Leider läuft bei mir das Video auch nicht.
Gruss,Ralph

Welcome to the board great engine. We are looking forward to the build log and hope you will see fit to post plans as well.
Tin

Achim,

Welcome to our forum wEc1

That is one very nice engine you have designed and built. :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Hallo,

thank you all for your interest and nice welcome.

@zeeprogrammer: I’m living in Aachen, that’s about 50 Miles near Colon, located very close to the western boarder to Belgium and the Netherlands.

And sorry if the video will not work on yours and Ralph’s system, but I don’t know the reason for this problem at the moment.

Most of my published videos are based on AVI files which I take with my small Panasonic Digi-Cam. Mainly because this AVI files are much too oversized for posting via internet (and also thinking the mpg is a bit more common) I convert them with a freeware program into mpg’s which reduces the file size to about a fifth of the origin. Normally the videos run quite well at most computers of my other German readers, perhaps the installation of the latest Microsoft Media Player might solve the Problem?

@Tin: I mean plans and drawings are a substantial element for discussion and understanding the construction of others. So, of course I will ad informative drawings and 3D section graphics to my build logs.

Achim

Welcome to the Forum Achim, and nice work on the engine!

Vic.

Welcome, Achim.
Dennis

Achim,

Welcome from England,
Fine looking machine.

Your video worked OK on my computer

Mike

Achim,

Welcome aboard.

wEc1

I am anxiously waiting to see more of your fine work.

th_wwp

SAM

Back