Half sized Moriya

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcheslop

Reaction score
Just a few pics of my latest build of a 1/2 scale Moriya
I had been building a rotating cylinder Ringbom that is nearly a runner but as yet no cigar so took a break and built a smaller version of Moriya with a few mods
Bore of power piston 0.360 stroke 0.6 inch
Displacer 0.5 dia stroke 0,6 inch
The cooling block has less fins to allow for tapping the top and bottom M2 to replace the full sized engines through bolts
The guide bush for the displacer forms a location for the main bearings frames
Other than that its to the original design
Should anyone require anymore info please ask
kind regards
frazer
PIC_0001.JPG
PIC_0003.JPG
PIC_0003.JPG
PIC_0004.JPG
PIC_0004.JPG
PIC_0005.JPG

I like that A LOT! Quite the nice down scale of a great project. Any chance of seeing a video of it running?

John W

P.S. I’ll bet Dr. Senft would really appreciate it too!

Last edited:
a41Capt, I will pop a wee video up in a day or so for you. I used to visit the states in the late 1990s for work and it just happened to be when NAMES was on . I had a conversation with a gentleman who had built one half size and he had shown it to the designer and seem to remember they called it Pre Moriya
Hi Minh Thanh, the fan blades are from an old coffee machine stainless steel about 0.7mm thick around 5inch dia bolted to a brass boss .I will measure it as I just made it by eye
Thanks for the interest
cheers
frazer

Thanks Bob, Moriya was the first Stirling engine I built and after parting with her in a swap for some Ericsson casting I felt the need to have another but fancied something smaller
They are nice engines as you know and great runners the designer sure got it right
Congratulations on the completion of youre build
cheers
frazer

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back