Guessing games...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V. Lehtonen

Reaction score
Hello! I'm not quite sure if this is the correct place to post this, so my apologies for that, but I'm looking for any data about the milling machine I got just yesterday :p . So far I've found out that it's made in CCCP (Soviet Union) (or the power socket is made there, the mark is there :rolleyes:) but the rest is still quite the mystery. The former owner used it as a goldsmith's machine tool, but the company went under a long time ago.

Any info will be appreciated greatly.

I'm planning on modding this little devil to work as a universal milling machine with possible CNC control, thing is heavy/sturdy enough to work in that field. :cool:

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

Wow! So that's how it was used... explains all the air hoses & connectors.
There seems to have been a plate (nameplate maybe) in front of the machine, but it has disappeared somewhere.... there is another company name on the side, I need to check that one out. And on the horizontal head there are texts ( BREVETTO = Patent ) which seem to be Italian, this is getting interesting.

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

It is used to bright cut lines with a diamond cutting tool... very high velocity. It is possible to do it by hand too.
The cuts look very bright and with a little diamond set in the middle of the different "start" cuts, it looks like a bigger one. Used in "cheap" jewelry.

Time flies while cleaning my hobbyshop, so nothing really "new" with the machine.

The tags on the motors only have power & system info, at least what I've looked in so far. The tag on the control pendant was an interesting one; it was a name of a workshop which closed in 2004 (it was working from 1943 to 2004, pretty good), but sadly the business information system didn't give more info.

Hopefully I get the electricity working soon in my hobbyshop, then I start the interesting part of stripping the mill apart & then I might be able to find more info about the thingy. After that the "project mini mill" will commence :cool: . So far the starting "blank" looks very good.

Here's some photos of the hobbyshop's messy walls after my "wall decorating" :D

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

A small update on the machine.... & I finally got power to the hobbyshop :cool: . I've taken the mill apart & now starts the most time consuming process of cleaning everything. There's corrosion on the ways, that's a little annoying, but the lead screws seem to be in a good condition, which is a big plus.

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0231.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

Yeah, it's surprisingly well built & maintained. All the crucial parts are replaceable. The only thing I'm worried about is that the frame itself is hollowed cast iron, which may case some issues with chatter in the future.

More small updates; the frame has been mostly repainted, the colour scheme is white & black. The motors may need to be changed (they're old & in bad condition) but spindles are in good shape. A little bit more cleaning & then I can start rebuilding the thingy.

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

Latest posts

Back