Grizzly G9729

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has any one tried to CNC a G9729 ? The book I got with this machine has some picture of motor mounts for stepper motors for X Y & Z.
I have a similar machine made by Central machinery. It replaced my 7x10 mini lathe and mini mill. Prepared to get blasted on most sites like you did on home shop Xxxx the people on this site are more understanding that we all can't afford professional lathe and mills etc and are extremely helpful without making fun of you or your machine. If you check the net there are several places that have turned these into cnc but not with great luck. But if you enjoy trying to, go for it we are only limited by our imagination anything can be done with time and patience
Cnc zone has quite a few postings and someone named fanblade has done this. Void lunch feel free to ask me anything about me machine S I'm getting pretty good with it. Dave

I have done a scratch built mill and converted a 9x20 lathe. Never tried to do a combo. With a little thought you could figure out a way to use the lathe as a fourth axis when milling. X,Y,Z,A. Then the lathe can have x,z and use the mill spindle as one type of live tooling. Could be pretty versatile.

Back