Grinding wheel balancer

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunner312

gunner312
Reaction score
I'm looking for plans for a grinding wheel balancer. I seem to remember seeing plans in HSM or one of the mags but can't seem to find them. Help? On ennay they seem to be made of pure gold.

Yes it is quite expensive stuff, for some reason.

What type of balancer are you looking for?
1652001054379.png
or
1652001084491.png
or
1652001137139.png
or a dynamic balancing machine?

• two large enough parallels drilled and tapped four holes on them.
  • Cross drilled ground round rods.
  • level machine with water level to ensure magnet is horizontal
  • put parallels on magnet
  • balance wheel.
Works for me, was cheap, maybe not the most accurate way. I doubt it is much worse than the example on the left.
The long term plan was to mount the paralles on some base with three leveling feet, to get something similar to the left picture. Nothing as long lasting as temporary fixes :).
basic_emergency_balancer.jpg

Greetings Timo

It looks like any of those would do as well as any other one. I have time and materials so even the most primitive would work for me. Thanks. Tried the German website but couldn't get in. (My German is not very good anymore in spite of living there for six years in the Army.)

It looks like any of those would do as well as any other one. I have time and materials so even the most primitive would work for me. Thanks. Tried the German website but couldn't get in. (My German is not very good anymore in spite of living there for six years in the Army.)
Would you please share the websites you were perusing?

Hello
Keith Johnson wrote an article in Model Engineers Workshop, published September 2011 entitled "Balancing Grinding Wheels". Alternatively, it would be worth a look at the "Oneway balancing system" as demonstrated on this video - it's a commercial system, but if you a look at the website you'll find some exploded drawings that should enable you to make your own.
All the best
Stuart

Latest posts

Back