Greetings from Indiana

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmerritt

Reaction score
I am a self taught machinist living in Bloomington and have been lurking here since the beginning of this forum. You all have been very inspiring and informative. I have been interested in making model engines for many years and have gotten a couple of steam engines running on air. Mostly, I have been acquiring plans for all sorts of engines. My biggest wish is to make an IC engine, but I think I need to get some more experience first. Unfortunately, time is scarce and other interests compete with the shop though, recently I have managed to get a start on the hot air engine plans Bogstandard posted.

My shop is occupied by a few South Bend machines including a 1931 9” lathe, a 7” shaper and 9 x 36 vertical milling machine. I also have an old Leland & Gifford drill press that I got off ebay for $1 but it is still in pieces. A friend is giving me a Brown & Sharp surface grinder that I hope to have by the end of summer. Of course there is all kinds of cheap Chinese tooling etc.

Thanks to you all for all your tips and tricks!

Peter

Hi Peter,

Welcome to HMEM! Look forward to seeing some of your projects.

Chuck

Peter,

Greetings from Way up North in Auburn, Indiana :big: You'll have to stop if you are ever in the neighborhood!

-Bret

Latest posts

Back