Great supplier

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpleknif

Reaction score
I found "Speedy Metals" on e-bay the other day. Not only did they have hard to find 1 1/8" sq aluminum but the price was extremely good even with shipping. 2 pcs of 1 1/8" sq solid x 48" for 39.00 shipped. Give them a try.

They are great, and the prices are very good. The only thing you have be wary of is that around holidays or other busy times of the year you have to track orders more diligently, as sometimes things fall through the cracks. Happened to me on one of about 3-4 orders this summer. The good news is that they are GREAT at correcting the error, if any happen. Pretty much as good or better than anyone else in that biz - I've used them again since that snafu.

So if you keep close track of what's going on, you should have a good experience with them, come what may.

I have used their service for a long time and have found them to be one of the best. They shipped the wrong type of stainless steel tube and shipped the correct order and asked me to keep the first shipment, free of charge. The sales staff is always very courteous and well trained. I always call to get the best prices, rather than use the online purchasing.

I've sent them an email, I'm hoping something has fouled up with their international shipping calculator. They wanted to charge me $175 USD to have a 4 pound, 4 inch long package sent to Australia. For a 12 pound, 12 inch package, USPS only wants $48 for 6-10 day delivery or $75 for 1-3 day. Seems a bit off.

Al.

I've sent them an email, I'm hoping something has fouled up with their international shipping calculator. They wanted to charge me $175 USD to have a 4 pound, 4 inch long package sent to Australia. For a 12 pound, 12 inch package, USPS only wants $48 for 6-10 day delivery or $75 for 1-3 day. Seems a bit off.

Al.

ACK!!! :eek: That doesn't seem right at all... :confused:

I use both Speedy and Onlinemetals.com. Both have been top notch.
Prices are within a few cents of each other.

Back