Great News!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never mind the pics - we want working drawings!!!!! I might be able to change me name to '4 Hands' yet! ;)

Congrats Matt!

Show them what it can do when a proper operator is in control. ;)

Rick

Great news Matt
Congratulations mate
Pete

Fantastic news Matt, I hope this works out really well!

Vic.

That's great news, Matt. Did you have some input on this design? I know you were working
on some design aspects of your own some time back.
Sure hope it works out well for you. Sorry for the pun, but it should be pretty darn handy! Best of luck!

See that the bebionic model has "The hand also has a selectable auto-grip feature that senses when a gripped item is slipping, automatically tightening the grip for a secure and safe hold."

It could be better at cleanly cracking eggs than I am.

Robert

There is a lovely (and cautionary) tale about a bloke who developed an automatic gripper for a robot. Like the one here, it had a microphone that listened for the article to slip.

When it was finished, late one night, he wondered what it felt like (well, you would wouldn't you) and put his hand in. Luckily, he was able to reach a crescent wrench and dismantle the gripper.

His mistake of course, was to tell the other blokes about it. Then again, it is a cautionary tale and it might have saved someone else from having a worse experience.

Jim

Great news for you!

What powers this thing? Can it be converted to run on steam?

Lee

Matt, hope you get a lot of mileage from that hand.
Ant

That looks great Matt. I was aware that various forms of bionic arm (and other limbs) have been available for many years. Called the Boston Arm or Russian Arm (depending on where you come from), the main limitation was the power source. The Brits even had an arm powered by compressed air generated by a plunger in the person's heel.

But yours is a new generation and the opposable thumb will make all the difference.

And isn't it amazing that you can post the TV news items and we can see them halfway around the world and on demand. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

Hey Matt! It's getting a lot of press! How do you like it? come on now .....full design review here....very interested!

Dave

This is amazing. I can't wait to see what you do with this!
Best wishes!
Tom

[ame]http://vimeo.com/35267235[/ame]

Sounds like a maybe a trip to NYC on Feb 21 to tape a bit for the Anderson Cooper show.

Matt

Latest posts

Back