Great book for the model engine machinist

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcfreak177

Reaction score
Here is a book that I came across some time ago.

I would recommend this publication to anybody that has from the basic to most advanced machining skills as a reference to get different ideas on the designing,operation and technique required to build many types of IC engines.

I consider myself as a very advanced machinist but machining model engines is a different ball game to general machining. After reading the publication have been able to look at things in a different perspective. In my opinion it just goes to show that we all have different ideas about how we approach our day to day challenges in the model engine machining hobby. Just because we do certain things in a particular way it does not mean it is the most simple or effective method. (no pun intended at all here) I truly believe this book must be one of the best reference materials available for people like us here at HMEM (that I have found so far), Retails for around $57.00USD.
Many of you may know of Malcolm Stride or may have been lucky enough to meet him in person (I didn't).
For those who are not aware of who he was and still is, Late Malcolm Stride was and is one of the best in the business of model engineering.

Just thought I would share my thoughts.

Baz.

Last edited:
Target sells it for $33. I just ordered it. I'll be needing a good IC reference. Thanks for the tip

Cheers,
Phil

Latest posts

Back