Good Day to All

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just kind of stumbled on to this site searching for something else. But, I am glad I did. Thank you all for letting me join. I have seen many really neat IC engines everywhere from radials to V8s etc. I would love to make one of those someday. Probably just going to get a casting kit for a Hit or Miss engine, start there.

Welcome to the forum. If you're just starting out, casting kits can be an expensive (and very frustrating) way to begin. There are many hit and miss engines made from bar stock which is a much easier proposition. However, if you're brand new to machining in general then you should start with something a little easier than an I.C. engine.

Welcome Moondog

Building a Webster is generally a first choice for an I/C engine many people here have built this engine. For a hit and miss engine the David Kerzel springs to mind both engines are built from bar stock and plans are a free to download.

Welcome to the forum. If you're just starting out, casting kits can be an expensive (and very frustrating) way to begin. There are many hit and miss engines made from bar stock which is a much easier proposition. However, if you're brand new to machining in general then you should start with something a little easier than an I.C. engine.

Thanks, Sir, for the welcome and advice. I like the bar stock idea. I have been working in a shop since before my teens. My dad had a production wood shop which I worked at through high school. Then I started acquiring machine tools. I have a shop where I mostly do Fab work, But also some industrial machine work. It can be found at theshoprc.com. Thanks again for the welcome.

Welcome Moondog

Building a Webster is generally a first choice for an I/C engine many people here have built this engine. For a hit and miss engine the David Kerzel springs to mind both engines are built from bar stock and plans are a free to download.

Thank you. I will look into these two examples. I will probably not be getting into too many intense projects until I retire. But you never know, That idea could change at any moment.

Latest posts

Back